As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cyclone Lusi

Sorry everyone that this is late, I didn't have time to update Elder Matua's blog because I left for St. George and didn't get back until today. So here is his email from last week.

Hello Family and friends:) At the request of my mother she asked if I could report on the week day by day so....let's see how good my memory is:)

Monday- Just a normal P-day full of emailing mom and dad about the past week. We played rugby at a park in Otara for P-day...and my BODY WAS SO SORE! Couldn't walk straight 'til Wednesday.
Had a family home evening at a member's house, aiga o (family of) Tema. Awesome family, I cried as I shared my testimony of the Atonement...like always.
At the park for P-day
Tuesday-We had a special training meeting with President Lekias to help us with our lesson plan making. After the meeting we picked up the ward's potential mission Fiali'i, he comes with us almost everyday to help him prepare for the mission life..and we SET SOMEONE FOR BAPTISM!!!!!! Next month.

Wednesday- Nothing really happened today we knocked a lot of doors and well we found FOUR new investigators plus a new family!!! We have got a lot of work to do! Fiali'i was with us again. We had a trade off, Elder Calizo was with Elder Utia(District Leader) and I was with Fiali'i. Nothing happened....the rest of the night no one new. We sang to someone on the street...There is sunshine in my soul today..brought the spirit so strong!!!

Thursday-A lot better. We visited less-actives...and more less actives...and members...non of our investigators answered their faitoto'a (doors) ....really tough today!

Friday- Today was an answer to my prayers...We had companionship study with Elder Utia and he left us with some great advice to help us with talking to everyone and we used his advice as best as we could. We had a prompting to visit one of our members so we followed it and I am so glad I did!! Brother To'ona'a shared with us his plan to help the ward with the missionary work...having a seminar with nothing related to the Church....learning how to plant fruits and vegetables. Elder Calizo and I bore our testimonies to him and BOOM felt the spirit and he thanked us for the encouragement!'
The wrath of Cyclone Lusi ;(

Saturday- CYCLONE!!!!! Wasn't that bad the Lord was watching over us when we were working The storm seemed to just go around us until we went home...and then it poured down on us...

Sunday- We had meetings all day...I was so tired...SOOOOOOO Tired!!! Great week full of work and full of the spirit! Almost finished with the Book of Mormon!!! WOOO HOOO, I'm in Ether chapter 3:)

Love you all :) Stay Healthy and REMEMBER THE SAVIOR IN ALL THAT YOU DO!

Alma 26:12 READ IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...