As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

WEEK 44-ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

What. A. Week. I haven't seen so many miracles, funny moments, rainy days, etc. in this short of a time span. I think you get the point. A LOT has happened this week and I will try my hardest to fit it into one email. Well here we go. 1. WE HAVE AN INVESTIGATOR ON THE VERGE OF BAPTISM! 2. We've been working with this family, trying to get them to come to church. 3. A Recent Convert spanked me. Real awkward. 4. I have learned the patience is key in everything we do in life. 5. I think I will forever have anger issues because of Zone Sports. And last 6. It is easier to stay in shape than to get in shape.

1.) This one is pretty self explanatory, but we've been working with The Caraveo family for about 6 months now. They are awesome. Well we committed them to watch Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. Now the Caraveo family is a Part Member family. The dad was baptized a long time ago and now he wants his family to enjoy the blessings of the Gospel. Anyways, their Son Alex is on fire keeping commitments. And he retains information like a flash drive. And the Mom after watching the movie brought up that she wanted Alex to be baptized. So as we met on the 3rd time this week the parents agreed that he just needs to learn a little more before they commit to a date. So we are right there with him, and since I'm not getting transferred, hallelujah, I'm not giving up on this family. They are so dang close.

2.) Alright try to keep up with me in this one. We are working with a family of 3 women. A great grandma, her daughter, and her daughter's granddaughter that calls her grandma mom. Make sense? Haha, so we've been stopping by this miracle family for about 3 weeks now trying to get them to church. We got the Great granddaughter, Gigi, to activity days, so a step in the right direction. Well today as we were just about to close the doors to start sacrament meeting, low and behold Gigi and her grandma/mom walked in with huge smiles on their faces. Oh I just wanted to walk up onto the pulpit and scream, "THEY MADE IT EVERYONE!!" Then just go sit down. We were so excited. As we sat next to them they asked a few question and luckily I knew the answers (that doesn't happen often...). We will now try to finally teach them and see if we can't dunk these ladies!!

3.) Okay so when I say awkward I mean awka awkward. We were in the library getting some books for Gospel Principles. Well our recent convert and her grandson were in there for who knows what. As I was leaned over the counter signing that we took 2 books. Brenda, our recent convert, was behind me trying to get her little grandson to slap my butt. Well you guys haven't seen my backside in a while. I'll admit it I've gained weight but most of it is behind me not in front, so this boys target is quite big. Obviously not big enough this boy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, he kept smacking the back of my knee. Next thing I know I hear, "No like this!" SMACK!! Yep now I have a bruised hip because I jumped forward thrusting my hip right into the counter too in front of me. The Second Counselor of the Bishopric, Brother Hansen, was in there and we met eyes like what in the world just happened. I didn't know what to do I just stood there trying to think about what has just happened. 2 thoughts came to my mind absolute polar opposites
1. Wow I never thought I'd get action on my mission.
2. Wow I am horrified. A 58-60 year old late just spanked my bottom.
I should have told her to smell her hand after she did that hahaha. Yeah #TautaisTimeOfTerrorAtChurch
#IamNowABelieberOfPTSD

4.) Here's a real simple one to get your mind of that last one. Patience is key. To everything you do in life. You need to be patient with a comp, roommate, spouse, children, the list goes on. Well my patience has been tried these past 2 transfers trying to find souls to bring into Christ. But just like fishing patience = fish, patience, long-suffering, diligence = miracles. I have seen the 2 wards I've been serving in just burst with work. It's been a tough road, but we got there and it's all because we had the patience, drive, faith, and diligence in the work.

5.) Almost done guys I promise. Zone Sports. It's brutal, crazy, hectic, chaotic, you name it. Especially when we play scatterball. It's a game of free for all dodge ball. It's a blast, until you let it consume you. Trust me. That's all our Zone wants to play, and my friends it gets heated. And I feel like a black out and go into a frenzy. Like Shark Boy when those singing bubbles drive him to eat through a metal cage, or when Bruce smells the blood Fromm Dory and tries to eat them. Anyways good thing I only have those episodes during sports and not when we get rejected and have doors slammed in our faces.

6.) Now I don't mean being in physical shape, but it does apply to it. What I am talking about is the Spiritual side of things.. Now the last transfer I had in my last area was rough and I let myself slip... BIG MISTAKE, but nothing I couldn't come back from. I have learned that it is way easier to stay in shape than to get into shape. It's been a long 2 transfers trying to get back into the swing of things. Not falling asleep during studies, having a good attitude of getting out and preaching, talking to everyone that you see on the street. But, I had a companion that whipped me into shape. Yes he was a pain in my rear end, but I have learned a lot from him. So here is a tip for all of you. Stay in shape it's a lot easier.

I love you all! Thank you all for everything you guys so for me. I miss you all!!!

FYI- I'm not getting transferred, I'll have a new companion on Wednesday.

Love,
Elder Matua

1. Studying on a mountain

2. #WhenTheMilkIsTooStrong 

3. I found a quarter on the side of the road, and it's as old as my dad.

4. This goes along with 1. We as a zone were dumb once again at 4 a.m. and hiked this mountain just see the sun rise.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...