As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Best to Elder Thorpe in his new area...gonna miss you, Elder!!!

 Hello Everyone! I hope your week has been great and full of greatness! haha jokes I hope it was great:)

Monday-  The best P-day I think I have ever had!! We went to a place called Piha:) And also went to go see a waterfall called Kitekite Falls! Oh my gosh was it beautiful! We all had a blast! BEST P-Day ever! Had an awesome lesson with Mel and Diamond, taught about the Book of Mormon.

Tuesday- We had District Meeting, the only difference was that the Sisters weren't there, one of the sisters finished her mission last week:( It was sad to see her go but back to Samoa she went! The day was spent in the hilly part of our area. Visiting less-actives and part member families. We met a Sister Fleming..one of  Grandma Faleupolu's (Dad's mom) companions. I cried and cried because it almost felt as if she was there when Sis. Fleming was talking about her. Ah was that cool to meet her. We also had our mission coordinating meeting with our ward Mission Leader. Then we got stuck at the chapel because our recent convert Sigi promised us a ride. Oh well, walked home, no big deal...

Wednesday- We told one of our members with us to go on visits and well that was an adventure in itself....alot of driving, stopping and visiting. Then we got the call about transfers...Elder Thorpe is no longer my companion, he has been called to serve In Whangarei! and I am to stay here in Henderson! Sad to say I will really miss this companion..he was the best companion I've had!

Thursday- Transfer day(Sad Day) I was really dreading this day....I didn't want to lose this companion, so many funny experiences and memories. Elder Kieger and I had a trade-off until I got my new companion...I was nervous to meet him but when I met him....the nervous feeling left me. My new companion is from Tonga,
Elder Lolohea! He's the best and I hope to be able to help him with his English! Elder Uta'i was transferred here also:) (Cousin Oscar)


Friday- First full day with the new comp, he has no fear even though he can't speak English that well, it really helped out to see his effort! We actually met a new person, we were told that he was keen, we did some service for him. His name is Murphy, a British man hadn't allowed any missionaries in his house for 26 years..totally brought the spirit when he said that and we were in awe!  He said we could come back anytime to talk.!!!

Saturday- Really slow but that is normal for a Saturday..nothing to report.

Sunday- Fast and Testimony Meeting, Elder Lolohea and I bore our testimonies and we taught a class for one of our less-actives. We took the Bishop's sons out with us to visit some people and they had a blast!

Love you all and have a great week everyone!:)
Looking forward to new adventures with Elder Lolohea!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...