As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Week 15....I think??????

Dear wonderful family and friends back at home,

This week has just been AMAZING!! 1. I found a watch! 2. I had my 3rd baptism this last Saturday! 3. We had an investigator FINALLY come to church!! AND 4. Don't argue with Anti's or it will get ugly..

1. You need to know the back ground of this story or else it's just a dumb one, so here it is! I was coming down with something nasty last Monday evening, so I called the mission nurse to see what I could do, and this sister says, "Okay I want you to go and eat some oranges, and then take some ibuprofen and drink some G2 and get some rest." I was like is this some kind of sick joke??" And she then looked at my papers and said, " Oh duh!! You can't have fruit huh? Dang.... Uh I want you to drink some V8 and just down that stuff and call me in the morning if you are still feeling sick." So my Comp and I took a little bike ride over to Wal-Mart and got me some juice and then my Companion started looking at watches.. And it made me want to get another watch, but I said nope! I will save my money, and maybe somewhere down the road I will get a G-Shock or something.
Well the next morning we needed to go and make some copies of progress records, so we went to the church building and low and behold I found this BEAUTIFUL black and gold G-Shock on our way there just sitting on the ground. I don't know if it was okay for me to take it? But I prayed about it and I didn't feel guilty? So now I have a new watch Hahaha


2.Oh my gosh! I had the coolest experience this Saturday as I got to help one of our investigators take another step to receive eternal happiness. We had a baptism for our 2 Asians, Howard and Francis. And Francis asked me to baptize him, IN MANDARIN!!!!!! It was so much fun and they just were filled with so much joy that they couldn't stop smiling and laughing and hugging us! I loved it! I hope President Wheeler receives some revelation to open Mandarin speaking here in Gilbert.😉😉😂


3. So we have been working with this guy. His name is Stephen Mcguire and he has been investigating for over 15 years and just never really progress, but for the past month or so we have been able to get in with him and he has shown so much desire to become a member to this beautiful church and the family feel that it brings. He is such a stud and he is now on date to be baptized on the 28th of this month! I cannot wait. He came to church yesterday and boy did he loved it! The members welcomed him with open loving arms, and he just soaked it all in! I am grateful for his desire and for overcoming his trials to get where he is now! i just can't wait to see him enter into the waters of baptism and feel the joy that comes with being made clean from sin again, so in turn his passion for this Gospel will multiply 10 fold! It gets me so pumped!

4. Last Friday we came a across a man as Elder Tolman and I were leaving an appointment. His name was Bobby, and boy did he HATE us! He said, "Oh you guys are doing some more harassing I see!? Y'all are everywhere bugging people about your church!!" And it just escalated from there! It got to the point where he just started yelling at us about how we need to take a theology class and study our bible a little bit more. He went on to tell us that Lillith came before Adam and Eve and the Eve was made from the rib of Adam which he wasn't wrong about that, but we started getting a little heated and realized the spirit can't be with us if we are fighting with this man... So we started biking away and he yells down the street. Now keep in mine this guy his holding a toy poodle in each hand, and screaming down the road, "GO HANG YOURSELVES!!" Oh boy we just started laughing and that just made him more mad as he began to curse us out from down the street! Oh man do I wish I wasn't wearing a badge! Hahahaha

Anyways I gotta go.. I love you guys! Thank you again for all the love and support! Till next week!!

Love,
Elder Matua​






These are pictures that someone colored (Bella) and sent to me. Proudly displayed on my wall

Farm service project


No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...