As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, March 8, 2018

WEEK 75---"A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there."

This week has been a good week. Elder Lott and I have been able to see a lot of miracles and success. I found this quote the other day, and it's funny because I have kind of been in a comfort zone the past week. And here is what helped me get out of this funk. obviously seeing the quote helped,but we had a guy in our ward come up to us yesterday after sacrament meeting and he told us, "Elders I have written down EVER testimony given in this ward this year. 283 testimonies were born, and only 38 of those mentioned out Savior. That is roughly 13%. My brothers how sad.. Our Savior gave His life for us and we can't even acknowledge him in a simple testimony, but we are quick to give self praise for something we did, or how our kids made the school soccer team." I thought long and hard about that all day yesterday and all day today. And last night I got an amazing powerful test message from a good friend of mine named Steve Tenney, now if you haven't heard about Steve I'm sorry that's on me, but Steve was a less active member that came back into activity and is now working harder than ever to stay on the path to eternal life. Anyways here is what he texted me. "Hey Brother is Steve-O I was prompted to text you and to bear my testimony to you. The same testimony that I bore today verbatim, "I stand to bear witness to you all that one of the only things I have ever known, and will ever know whether I live for another 50 years or if I die right now is that Jesus IS THE CHRIST, and that I testifyand bear witness of in His Eternal and Sacred Name. Amen." He said Elder Matua I wasn't NOT going to church because I didn't want to I wasn't going because I got comfortable doing my own thing. I am proud of what you are doing keep pushing forward and finish strong. And I don't think I have ever felt the way I did last night as I read that. My Father in Heaven knew what I was going through whether I want to admit it or not, and he gave me exactly what I needed to keep pushing forward these last six months I have here in AZ. Anyways it's been a good week. Nothing extraordinary..I'll try to have some stories for next week, but until then I love you guys! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...