As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, October 3, 2013

First MTC P-day and Email

Talofa Friends and Family,

Much anticipation has built up to this First P-day, I'll begin by saying that there's good and there's bad that happens here at the MTC. The Drop off was hard to deal with and As soon as I walked into my Classroom we were off to work.  Everything happened so fast and I was feeling so much confusion in my mind. I had the feeling of do I belong here?? I was very worried. But my Dear Companion Elder Rawle was there to give me boost,  he said, " It's normal to feel this way don't think about it and you will be okay." I took his advice to heart and I'm still here!! I've been gone a week and it has flown by. The time I have spent in the MTC has been spent well. Studying has been a big benefit to me being able to find things out for myself and really thinking how can I apply this to my Life.
My (old) Companion, it's sad to say that my companion has decided to not serve a Mission due to an illness. He left yesterday afternoon. I cried many tears.  I'd only known him for a week and I have never felt so much Love for a Companion before   He is a great kid and has a lot ahead of him! He gave me some ties, food that he received, money, and a New Zealand Greenstone necklace to remember him by. When he left I cried but I was prompted to forget about it and then a peaceful feeling came over me. A prayer was answered. Now that he has chosen his path I can now focus on Mine!
Blessings come in the strangest of way.

I am now in a Trio with Elder Pulido and Merideth. We are the Three Amigos!!! lol I love these two they are Some very Spiritual Elders! I can't wait to see what is in Store for us in NEW ZEALAND!!!! Five weeks away from Monday ahhhh! I can't tell you how excited I am to get out there!

I got a Slap in the face on Sunday watching a movie When Elder Bednar spoke on the Character of Christ. I fasted for strength and Wisdom. Sure enough I was told to Forget yourself and Get Lost in the Work. Just what I needed. Well it's not fun to get a slap to the face but it was nice to get some more knowledge on what my purpose is as a Missionary.

I love this Gospel and Love everything that it has done for me Alofas for the Emails from Jessica, Kassy, Bailee, Keith, and of Course Mom and Dad LOVE YOU ALL!!

Please Send me your Address so I can write you letters please!!:)

P.S. I forgot mention that I am a DISTRICT LEADER!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...