As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Monday, October 7, 2013

The latest from the first week in the MTC

There was some confusion about my actual P-Day, but it is on Thursdays while I'm at the MTC.  A lot has happened in this first week: We had a mission conference where the MTC Presidency spoke to us. They talked about our purpose and challenged us to pray and give an accounting of our day, and to ask the Lord what His will is for me to fulfill, by doing this we would be more in tune with the Spirit. I am having fun learning the language. We also had a devotional where Pres. and Sis. Daines (Provo Temple President) spoke about remembering the covenants we made in the temple and how that will help us to be better missionaries. I could really feel the Savior's love for ME.
The food is awesome, very tasty, in fact I've actually lost weight..4 pounds, ha!
Thanks so much for the letters, the words of support and encouragement help me to overcome some of my feelings of homesickness. Being here has made me realize that I need to be more responsible, especially making sure I clean up after myself. I was so sad to hear the news of AG's passing. I loved to talked to him every Sunday, he will be missed. My sincere condolences to the Raiford family.
And a quick happy birthday shout out to Jaycee!!!
I have met some of the missionaries I know from school and also Sis. Oler.
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...