As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Where did this week go???

Before you read this post, I wanted to just preface it by telling you a couple of things so that you understand what Elder Matua is talking about. Kelli's Uncle Craig (Wintle, he is married to Kelli's mom's sister, Pam) was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in October of last year and has been battling this disease, with dignity and strength I might add, for over a year. Mind you most people who are diagnosed with this type of cancer generally only live for a few months after the diagnosis. Well, throughout this past year many miracles have been wrought on Craig's and his family's behalf, but as is the case with this dreaded disease his body finally succumbed, and he passed away peacefully by his sweetheart's side on Saturday morning December 14th. Even though his body was weak, you could feel his spirit, so as we emailed with Elder Matua today, he related this experience he had this week and we wanted to share it with all of you. Be warned you may need some tissues.... This experience once again re-affirms my belief that we are not alone. That we have family members who have charge over us from time to time on the other side, to help us in our times of need. Uncle Craig was a great man, who raised a great family and his legacy will live on as he now continues to work on the the other side of the veil to link the eternal family chain together.


Well to start off I was really down last week and this week was much better! Not much success but it was to say the least BETTER! We as a mission had  the amazing opportunity to go to the temple in Hamilton! Oh my, beautiful!! I loved the experience. We had a Christmas conference. I offered the opening prayer and asked for the spirit to teach us. I was taught simple truths by the spirit. I was reassured that YOU ALL are okay:) I loved every minute of it! I cried like a baby and Elder Uta'i (Cousin Oscar was my crying shoulder) I was very grateful for that.

I'm very sad about Uncle Craig:(

Uncle Craig and Elder Matua
I had an experience last week that I wanted to share, concerning Uncle Craig. As I mentioned, last week was hard but this experience made it GREAT and also a bit harder. I was listening to a song, DANNY BOY by Vocal Point (listen to it and you will see). I was struggling and I offered a prayer to calm me down. As I listened, a face popped into my head, Uncle Craig. He spoke to me, " I'll be gone before you come back, but remember this; "I love you, don't give up hope and push through this hard time, I did it and you can too. I love you and your family loves you.  He also said to tell Pam, "I LOVE YOU!" I bawled like a baby the whole day, I left it alone for most of the day and when we came back to the flat for dinner, I had to know. So I prayed. I went to the other room and looked at my laundry bag looking for Uncle Craig's name and found it and started to cry again. When I prayed I asked "Father, has the inevitable happen? Is Uncle Craig with you? I need to know. I cried the rest of the day. I got my answer today. Wow!!!! I can't tell you how close I feel to him right now, he's here with me and I feel his presence, I KNOW IT!!!

Love you all! The weeks are flying by!
Aunt Pam, Uncle Craig and Elder Matua

P.S. We had an opportunity before Elder Matua left to see and talk to Uncle Craig. We're glad that we did and we will always hold a special place in our hearts for him.

1 comment:

  1. Matua Family-
    Thank You for sharing this experience with us all, especially for relaying such an important and tender message to our Dear Mother. My Father was very Proud of Wilson and very excited to see him choose to serve a mission. In the months prior to Daddy's passing he would often Pray for a "Missionary Experience" so it is no surprise to any of us that he was given that opportunity, and we love that it was in support of Wilson and brought him comfort.
    Wilson- Daddy had advice for us to pass onto his Grandchildren regarding missionary work and I know he would have the same for advice for you. He said, that as they prepare to serve and while they are serving to study the "Book of Mormon" so that you might have endless knowledge of it to share and conviction enough to testify of its truth's. He also said to respect all religions and as others are placed in your path to teach them of the things which we can add to their beliefs, never speak words of negativity regarding what seeds or beliefs have already been planted, rather be prepared to help them understand more and to build upon whatever testimony they may already have. We Love You Wilson, Uncle Craig loves YOU and I do not doubt for a moment that you are helping to answer his prayers regarding his desire to become more like "Alma" and through missionary work, serve others by "bringing the world his truth!"
    Godspeed Elder Matua; we are rooting for you!

    Love,
    The Wintle Family

    ReplyDelete

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...