As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Because we were at Moon lake last week we didn't update the blog so you'll be reading two weeks' worth of stuff....ENJOY!!!

Week of June 30 - July 6

Well Hello Everyone!:)

Monday- We played Turbo a mix between rugby and football. What a blast! We spent a whole lot of time out on the roads talking with everyone on the streets! So much fun. We met two really keen people that should be ready to share the gospel with in the next little while might be a while though:(

Tuesday- Today one of those days....first off to begin the day I discovered I had no brakes on my bike...not good, so this meant I was going to need to use my feet to stop. That worked for about twenty mintues.(There's a lot of hills in our area) Each time we had to stop to talk to someone ...I blew past them. Funny Experience- We just so happened to go down another hill..and there was an intersection coming and the light was red. Just so happened to be that I was in the road and Elder Thorpe was on the sidewalk...I had to get on the sidewalk so I did..cutting off Elder Thorpe and almost knocking him into a sign. Luckily there was enough room for him to get between it. Phew dodged a bullet there. But what came next was hilarious! So in order for us to get to our flat this meant crossing the street...Elder Thorpe went first and I followed..expect one thing decided to fall out of place..my front tire ha ha ha. I had to walk to the middle of the road (like a waddling duck) to find that my wheel was bouncing down the hill...I set my bike down and ran after my tire ha ha ha. After getting it I got a bunch of awe-struck faces..ha ha :0 super funny.

Wednesday- I had a massive migraine...and we had District Meeting ..so I took some meds and then had to walk up to our chapel...Elder Thorpe must have been out of it or something because we decided to cut through a field and in order to get through the field we had to STEP over a chain-link fence..and I guess the message of lift your feet didn't go to Elder Thorpe's feet so..he tripped ha ha ha. At the time it wasn't funny...because of my head...so I had to sit and wait for him to stand back up! ha ha. When getting to District Meeting I felt so sick and had to go to the Bathroom Four times to Throw-up.. I began to feel better then I took a nap for lunch and was ready to go for the rest of the day!

Thursday- We spent a lot of time in the furthest part of our Area looking for more people to teach and get to know a little better (Mostly Members) Well didn't go as well as we thought but it was still a good try rather build relationship than not do anything. We met a new investigator Name is Rhys (Reece) Super nice guy and invited us back the next day.

Friday- Went back and caught up with Rhys and he showed us around his house and his super cool gadgets ( Engineer) he has some cool stuff! SIX cars, and all these things he has built. We also met with a really nice part-member family. The dad isn't a member but really likes us so we planned to have a Family Home Evening and dinner with them in the coming week..so we will see what we can do to help him, and see how what the Gospel can do for him:)

Saturday- We so many appointments today with Investigators (four) We were super busy today..two of them cancelled:( Darn...guess it just happens that way sometimes...The appointment that we did get to ...we got told to leave Samoan Family The day wasn't exactly the happiest Susuga e'a faavevela le meaai that was to our investigators and then said Aveese mai o la'u fale! So we left and we were scared for Selepa so we offered a prayer and we felt better.

Sunday- Fast Sunday. We attempted to visit members before Church...didn't happen,not enough time:( So we rested for lunch and headed to Church..we had FOUR baby blessing...so many people were there we had to sit outside. After Church we went and visited one of our members that lives in the Bush!! Really Far away...and then visited with the Ieremia's really nice family and that was the night.

The week was great and full of funny experiences...ahh so much fun of the Mission:)

Week of July 7- 13

Monday- Just another preparation day, getting everything ready to go for the next week. We didn't get to go shopping so we were lucky that our members fed us:) Phew...but anyways we went and played sport at the Chapel: Ping Pong, Touch ( Rugby), and Basketball...I got dunked on but it's alright I brushed it off..Super Funny P-day!

Tuesday- We had interviews with our New Mission President! President Balli! Wow is he amazing. He knew me more than I thought he did....so cool how he can do that. Great counsel from our new president. I love him already!!

Wednesday- We had a trade-off with the Zone Leaders and went really well, learned a lot and what I needed to work on was to NOT BE SO WORRIED ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Thursday-We were having a really bad morning (Thursday) Nothing felt right, so we decided that we should go back to the flat for Lunch, we took the back way to our flat, and leading to our flat there was a down hill slope I don't have any brakes so....me trying to stop was impossible so I had to ride on the grass to slow down...wasn't enough, and then we came to the bridge this was really bad because the bridge was wet..and then I slipped off my bike...landing on my stomach. I saw this teenage girl standing on the bridge and felt we needed to talk to her, she was crying we asked her was wrong and she told us that she just got into a fight with her boyfriend..we talked to her for a minute and then we asked her if there was anything we could do for her, she said no I have to go soon. So we said our goodbyes and left but we felt we needed to go back to find her and help her out...but when we got back there she was gone...There is no way she could walk that fast. Hopefully we'll see her again!!!

Friday- We had trade-off again with the District Leader. he was with me and we had a long talk . I felt better after we talked.The trade-off ended at Seven and we had a ward activity Ward Sports Night (our activity) So that meant that we could play so we did:) So much playing with the ward and getting to know them.

Saturday- We had workout with the District Leader at six in the morning:) Ahh was that a great way to start the morning. Was awake for the rest of the day:) We had breakfast with one of our less-active members Lorenzo Lameko! And then we ate lunch at a members house, The Huns. Dinner with the Wrights from Lotopa, Samoa. Said we may be related??

Sunday- We had a Return Missionary coming home, Hakaria he served in Japan, Sendai mission. He couldn't really speak English, he started to ramble off in Japanese..reminded me of Dillon:) Then following Church we had no food..we ended up going to our Ward Mission Leaders house to eat some food! Hamburgers and salad.  

Overall it was a great week with a lot learning experiences...and more to come I know there is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...