As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, July 2, 2014


At the Barber shop
Seems to be going too fast...I don't like it one bit! But besides that the past week was full of great things! So here we go:)

My stylin' haircut
Monday- We played Touch today for about 2 hours...was I sore...we planned to go to visit an investigator with Bishop Papalii and then go to his house for dinner...but it didn't happen...but we found a new investigator to make up for it!

Tuesday- No District Meeting..so we were out of the flat by ten and we were off to visit an investigator ...didn't answer so off to see one of our members the Misi's (Samoan). Talked to him and he told us about his conversion story:) Really good to hear these kinds of stories it's a huge motivator! We then walked through the city we began talking to an Indian man..he couldn't walk that well so he grabbed my hand and made me walk him across the street...ahh talk about funny! Oh and also went up this MASSIVE HILL to our chapel..I didn't have legs anymore..
Our home-made GYM

Wednesday- We had specialized training with President Lekias..our last meeting with him...sad but it was time for change....I gave the closing prayer...and like always I cried. I also got my package from Mom and Dad!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! We also had trade-off with the District Leader I was with Elder McKewon from the UK that was probably one of the wettest days I've had...IT POURED and the bad thing was Elder McKewkon had no brakes and of course we had to go down a HUGE hill..well in short he almost ended up in the road into on-coming traffic luckily the brakes worked ...just a little bit! We were laughing so hard.

Bruises from my handle bars
Thursday- I got really down on myself because I felt like I didn't belong here in this area..I prayed and prayed and prayed but it won't go away..so I went all day with this feeling in my chest....really hard day.

Friday- We had another experience of someone telling us he didn't want to be alive anymore...It was so hard listening to him. His name is Josh. So we listened to him talk for about an hour...and we were about to leave but the rain started up again (Heavenly Father's way of telling us to go into the home and say a prayer with him) So we did and I gave him a hug and we left.

Saturday- Was super busy. Got hair cuts and did a lot of biking around talking to people...who didn't want to talk to us...but at the end of the day we had a miracle of meeting and sharing the gospel with a man named Toamoa and shared pretty much all three lessons in a hour...it was so cool to teach by the spirit!!

Sunday- Elder Thorpe and I were fasting that we would have some investigators come to church and plus we were singing in Sacrament Meeting (Love at Home) and plus I was speaking about Faith in Christ! When the sacrament was being passed I had never felt the spirit so strong it was so peaceful and in the words of Elder Thorpe, "It feels like he is here"...Amazing! And then we sang our song...it sounded like there were Angels helping us...so powerful and the mood of the congregation changed for the rest of the meeting. I then spoke about Faith in Christ and The Stripling Warriors. Great Sunday!!!! After the meeting we went back to our flat..closed our fast and ate dinner and talked about the day..I felt the impression to right in my journal, and then Elder Thorpe handed me a Book.. Green Eggs and Ham (Book of Mormon Edition) I read it and it reminded me of giving some one a Book of Mormon.

This week has been great and has been one to remember! I Love You all and have a great week !:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...