As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hello everyone Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Evening:) This week like any other week had it's up and downs. I hope all is well and that you all had a great week:)

Monday- Once again we had to wait for the sisters to come to the chapel. For one reason or another I don't think the sisters like me. I get serious when it comes to playing games. Either I or Elder Burns would win; oh the power of a companionship:) We watched two cops along with a helicopter hunt down two boys while talking with someone.
It's really awkward when a random person refers you to a member's house. While talking to a man named Emmanuel he did exactly that. Expecting us not knowing the area that well went ahead and knocked on the door. Just so happened it was the Roberts (Samoan member family in our ward). We had a family home evening with a member family, the Taani's (Tongan Family).

Tuesday- I wasn't the happiest today. Waking up in the morning with a sore throat is a horrible way to begin the week. Everywhere we would ride on our bikes I would feel so out of shape that or I was sick. Elder Burns would take off and I would be left in his dust. I got so mad I smacked my handlebars with my hand. We spent some time in the afternoon with the senior couple in our ward visiting families and other less-actives, and investigators. It was a pretty successful day besides feeling like falling asleep each time we got in the car. Elder Burns and I dozed in and out of sleep through the afternoon.

Wednesday- We were back on bikes and had a few appointments today with some recent converts and investigators. We had to go to our first appointment with Leonda by ourselves. We taught him the importance of the Priesthood. When we were teaching him he asked, "Can you give it to me right now?" Our reply was No because he needs to stop smoking first. He said that he would prepare to receive. Other appointments with some other recent converts: Jyshiah 15, Viarn 11, and Hunter 9. Along with Elder and Sister Irvine (Senior Couple). Three Girls who were just recently baptized. Wow are they a handful. They don't have a father figure in their life and their mother is steadily working on getting a Masters degree in medicine. We planned to re-teach the Restoration to them. We finished the Lesson at 3:00 pm and our appointment was at 1 pm. Our other appointment with Shirley fell through so we visited with some members we hadn't met yet.

Thursday- Zone Meeting today and it was good? Of course it was! Then we had Trade-off with the Zone Leaders following zone meeting. I was with Elder Jones for the day along with the Irvines. We visited with Shirley and talked to her about Family History. We all shared experiences about families and invited her to be baptized, she said No. But gave her the commitment to pray to know if it was what Heavenly Father wanted her to do. We then continued on with our day contacting less-actives. It went great! Having the Irvine's with us opens the doors to more opportunities to meet with new people. Jane a recent convert never told her mother that she was baptized in to our church. Her mother is super "anti" but with the Irvine's the doorway was opened wide for us to say a prayer with the family. Our dinner appointment went over an hour. A bird pooped on my head while walking to contact the girls (the three girls in the last paragraph), we ended up meeting with Megan the girl's mother.We talked and taught and she later said that she's been reading the Book of Mormon off and on for the past 10 years. We committed her to Read 2 Nephi 25.

Friday- The night before we didn't get any planning done so that meant we were going to have to wing the day. But for some reason the Lord knew our situation. We again spent the entire day with the Irvines going off their schedule. We worked all day with them and wow were we tired of sitting in a car.

Saturday- We had companionship study with Sisters Tuneti and Solia Lulai, practicing using a Ward Mission Plan effectively with the ward members. We did one role play, and we committed them to use what they did in their role play with their next member visit. The weather in New Zealand is SO RANDOM! It would be sunshine and clear skies then suddenly the weather would change to cloudy and raining. We were out in this weather all day. It got to me and gave me the flu. After having a member visit with the Lapu'aho Family, he is the Elders quorums president. We went home and I began to get chills so I took an ibuprofen and went to bed. The whole night I was tossing and turning because I got a fever. I kept shaking all night even though I took more medicine.

Sunday- Only went to Sacrament meeting. We went back home and I tried my best to get as much rest as I could. Elder Burns checked up on me every hour or so, to make sure I was okay. I felt good enough to go out for about three hours last night and felt great, but the symptoms came back around two o' clock in the Morning.

Love you all Bye:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...