As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, November 19, 2014


Another Week Finished, Another Week Wiser.

Well yet again another week has gone bye bye. And oh boy was it a WET and WINDY one. It was for sure a crazy one for us here. Let's just say that when adversity comes that's when the real You is shown.  This week was stacked with Cool Experiences!

Monday- Was pretty funny! One of the sisters in our district while playing a game called Turbo decided she'd tackle (more or less fall on) some chairs. She told us that night she had the bruise to prove it.
Tuesday- Ran into a crazy Indian man at lunch. We decided to have lunch at KFC. Elder Burns bought it but had to use the restroom. I ordered while he went. Then this Indian man walks in and begged for me to give him food. Then he followed us out and touched our feet and kissed our hands and walked away. So weird.

Wednesday- Taught a new investigator named Jordan! He is super keen. Just so you know I am a terrible cook. Made the worst lunch. Four ingredients: noodles, sugar, tomatoes, and cheese. It tasted horrible. I threw what we had all together and what we got was a mess! I am the worst at cooking. Tried and failed. It's a daily thing for us as missionaries. 

Thursday- It rained so hard. Hail battered the windows, we thought it was going to break the glass. We were soaked all day. Had a mean lesson with a new investigator named Marion. Really awkward because when we got there she'd just kicked out her boyfriend. Heaps of contention and well quite frankly he wasn't happy to see us. But it was a miracle, she said in her own words "The Mormons always show up when I need it the most" We were supposed to be there. Also had a mean lesson with a former investigator named Teamio, who was referred to us by the Parker family. She had been invited to be baptized multiple times. We extended the invitation again and she said no, but didn't say she wouldn't, we will be working with her.

Friday- We boldly testified on the great blessing of having the gospel in our lives to Jordan and his friend Ricks, and we committed them to church. Then rushed to give a blessing to a sick baby. Then gave another blessing to a non member, his name is (try to say it) Etuina Utumoengalu Utuina. I barely could even say it...

Saturday-  Companionship study with Sister Tuneti and Solia Lulai. I was super groggy and almost fell asleep. Elder Burns woke me up and had me do a role play, practicing using the Book of Mormon to resolve objections. Elder Burns and I crashed because we were so tired. Had funny conversation with Cargo a less-actives and her Friend. Who said this "Chickens are children of God also." Ay?? We told her that wasn't true but she firmly stood by what she believed. The Taani Family have one of the funniest little girls, Moso. She got in my face and started to laugh, she snorted and wouldn't let me put my shoes on, so I picked her up and moved her. She didn't want me to let her go so I laid her flat on her back, got my shoes and left. 

Sunday- Primary Program! All the kids yelled into the microphone. Still cute as could be! But by the end my ears were ringing. Helped Jane our recent convert get her Temple Recommend! That night we had a "Come and See" fireside. It was so cool, good turnout. After the Come & See we went and did a visit with our Bishop (Matelau). 
That's a little brush over of my Week:)
Hope you enjoyed it:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...