As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Friday, November 14, 2014

Hello Family and Friends I'm back again:) I hope you all had a great week! Because I did!
Who you gonna call.....DUSTBUSTERS!!!! Ha ha cleaning church

Monday- Just a normal P-day, Elder Burns and I were the only ones playing rugby, kicking the ball back and forth to each other until it was time to go back to work. Had a lesson with recent converts about Family History. The day before we committed them to fill in the "My Family Booklet" as much as they could to allow us to teach them the importance of families receiving saving ordinances
Tuesday- Had a funny companionship study extending commitments to one another but before we took off to go to work Elder Burn's helmet got stuck and pulled heaps off his hair out. We had a sweet contact with a former investigator who investigated the Church in Fiji. We taught her about the temple and asked her if she wanted to learn more about how families can be together forever. She said we could come back. We were again threatened by a dog. The day before while planning I had a prompting to visit this house where this dog was at. The dog was behind the fence when we got there. The dog cleared the fence and charged at us. We used our bikes as shields and as weapons. I was terrified. I moved backward still holding the bike in front of me. Elder Burns followed behind me. The adrenaline in my body forced me to ride my bike so fast down a hill to get away. We laughed it off and continued working.  We worked with the Irvines today. We had them visit names on the Ward list we weren't to sure lived in our area. We met a man named Tommy Thompson who once was a member but called it quits and moved on. Failed to teach Francis a lesson and succeeded in talking to Jane in reteaching l essons. Then had an inspired trade-off with the Elders Quorum President, Bro. Lapu'aho.
 
Wednesday- Today was Mission Leadership Council that meant a 7 hour meeting with the special topic of planning (Making it effective). Usually it's just for the Zone Leaders but President Balli invited the District Leaders and Comps (Me) to the meeting. Following the meeting we had dinner at Mcdonald's wow is it expensive here! Had a awesome lesson with Hemi a less-active who wants to come back to church!! Gave him something to do and he said he'd do them!! Guy Fox Day means Fireworks!
Thursday- Zone Meeting was three hours, Elder Burns and I did training on nightly planning and spent two hours helping the District plan for the upcoming week! It was fun and I really enjoyed it! Following the meeting we cleaned the gym then got a ride back to the flat for lunch. After lunch back to work, talked to a recent convert (Hunter) home from school. Then had to rush to dinner with the Kints. The whole family except for the father is a member and is super keen to accept the gospel but there are some things he needs to get out of the way first.
Friday- Rugby for morning workout. Today Elder Burns had interviews with investigators for baptism so I stayed in the area with the Irvines while he did the first of two interviews. We attempted to visit the Broughtens (Investigator Family) but were told off and told to leave and go about out business somewhere else.
Saturday-  Football for morning workout- I was Quarterback...yeah we got smashed...ha it was still fun though. I had an awesome study on planning and the great importance of it. following Comp study we were off to the baptism of Dahnel. His testimony is so strong! We also taught the Restoration for the interlude! After the baptism the Stake had a carnival, which we were able to go to! We had a mean Tug-of-War with the Stake members...and....We Won!!!! There was another baptism (Alofa Peilua), I had the honor of baptizing her. We got to the baptism late and I had to change SUPER fast because they were waiting for me. Almost messed up but Elder Burns set me straight.
Sunday-  Preach My Gospel Class we taught Plan of Salvation. Sacrament meeting some changes were made to the Bishopric the spirit was so strong, everyone was crying (Bro Haiane is the new 2nd Counselor) We had an inspired meeting with Uasi an inactive member who opened up to us about his desire to come back to the fold. We shared 3 Nephi 17:7-8 I felt the power come from the scripture.  Elder Burns broke a light socket in the bathroom because I got scared by a bee. I hate the bugs here they are MASSIVE!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

More Sea Urchins

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...