As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sorry everyone, this is Elder Matua's email from the week of 12/30. It was crazy around here so I didn't get the blog updated, so here goes:





Monday- Well Monday was so interesting. We didn't get to play sport just had a lot of other things that had to get done. Shipping off E. Burns package, fix his watch, and then emailed for the last three hours of P-day. (Had to catch up on Emails from last week) Family Home Evening was with the Busby's again, and I taught the lesson. Since it was Christmas we decided to teach about the "Christmas in Zarahemla" (3 Nephi 1) It was a great lesson and it put Christmas into a whole different perspective. Telling thesStory of the experiences that had been going on on the other side of the world. My testimony was strengthened of the Book of Mormon and it's truthfulness just because of this one story.    

Tuesday- We "Flea Bombed" our room on MY Birthday!!!! Thanks again for the birthday wishes :) In preparation for Christmas we visited Kylem and Tanisha to teach a short lesson. Then went to President Fititsemanu's house to talk for a few concerning his Projector for Christmas Day. The Zone Leaders asked me if I could talk to him about using it. Ended up being there was one in  the chapel. We checked it out and we were set for Thursday. Had a quick visit with Kaputai Iorangi and headed back to the flat for dinner! The Pasina Family brought a massive feed!  The father said "I know what it's like to have a birthday on the mission." So much food...while eating a cockroach crawled on top of the table....I grabbed a shoe and smacked it! That's was happens when you leave food out. You leave it they find it. Ward Council went by rather quick and we went to Chontelle's, a new investigator. We invited her to be baptized and she said YES!!! Great Birthday! 

Wednesday- Christmas Eve! We made up the sweetest game ever! All you need is a spiky rubber ball...three people and a low hanging roof. The object of the game: Keep the BALL in the air while playing against Justice, a potential investigator. He was super awkward and I think that ball was there for a reason..to build some trust! During lunch we received a gift from the Irvines. A Toy Rocket Gun. We played around with it until lunch was ready. We had a really powerful lesson with Shirley and Uasi. We were so concerned for Shirley's smoking problem. So we taught a lesson on how Christ can help her change. Shirley ended the lesson with a prayer. She cried and plead "I really need help with smoking, and I can't do it on my own." So heartfelt! We also taught a lesson to Chontelle again. We taught the Restoration like we had practiced in the morning during companionship study. We talked to Sister Mauigoa ( Relief Society President ) about Chontelle to let her know she'd be attending church this Sunday. We also helped out the Lavakula Family with their garden. Also invited Phoenix and Nastacia to be baptized (more new investigators)

Thursday- Christmas Day- "MERRY CHRISTMAS" We a had quick zone meeting and then we had the whole day to go and visit. Elder Burns and I had breakfast with President Fitisemanu. I had a really good talk with him about everything for a good hour. I could really tell that he missed my Dad, Grandmother Faleupolu and Grandpa Moa. He said they helped him about heaps when he was at the Church College in Pesega. When leaving he let out the words. "I love you Son." I could instantly feel the love that he had for me. Following the Visit We continued with our day by going to the Iorangis. Being full already they insisted on feeding us again...that was not a good idea. I dozed off to sleep and that was it. Finally I woke up twenty minutes later and said our goodbyes. We had two more feeds and I didn't think I could make it. We did some caroling with the Kints Family with Sisters in our District. One more dinner with the Busby's. We told them we were to full so they gave us desert! That night I could not even move.

Friday - I felt like I had a food hangover..It was so hard to get up..I weighed myself and I ended up picking up 2 kgs (5 lbs), should be off my body in no time:) We had a companionship study with the Sisters in our District and then went to the Busby's to call home. SO good to talk to my Mom, Dad, Tai, Garrett, Grandma, Grandpa and the uncles aunts and cousins. We spent most of the day there. And made a quick stop by the Iorangi's to help set up for Josyhiah's Birthday. 

Saturday- Well this was a big fail for the day. I thought it would be nice to give some Jehovah's Witnesses a Christmas gift. Then Elder Burns reminded me...they don't celebrate Christmas...OOOPS!!! I learned another lesson today.With a desire to share what our church is about, we wanted to share a video. We spent like ten minutes trying to set up the video on Eral's computer. Following the video I attempted to get to a different screen and let's just say never look at an old man's computer...It had some rather inappropriate surprises. Shared a lesson with Shirley and Uasi about fasting and rushed back to the flat to eat some dinner.

Sunday- Church was GREAT! We taught PMG class this week and I was leading the lesson on goal setting from Chapter 8. I felt good and I hope everyone that attended learned something new. Following church we did our normal visiting routine. But with fasting everything was intensified. Spiritual promptings were so much stronger. Had dinner with the Manapori's and a pig ran into her yard. We had dinner and a show watching her try and catch it. We had a attempted to teach Chontelle again but her baby girl wasn't too happy. So we rescheduled another visit tomorrow at six.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...