As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Well hello there!

I'm doing well and I'm glad to say that it was the first solid week we've had to actually do work..I got sick, had to go to the hospital and spent three days stuck at home.
It's been an interesting week for me with heaps of emotions and a lot of time spent seeking for inspiration to help my District. They all have been sick and I've had to do my best to encourage them, it's been difficult. But looking for the positive has made a difference. My prayers are more sincere and rather than just asking I'm looking for understanding in all situations.

Last week I lost the phone and luckily we were able to get a new one.

Monday: First time in this area that we actually biked everywhere. I felt so free it made everything so much easier. Feeling a sense of  accomplishment we headed back to our flat..not having the phone was even more difficult. But we made it work anyway and spent the day cleaning and relaxing. We found a new investigator! Tevita son of a Pastor..so we will have to see how this goes. He had questions as to why there are so many churches. So we taught the Restoration and was keen for us to come back and teach.  Family Home Evening was with the Busby's! Alma 17 was the lesson:) We read the verses and talked about how we all need to be bold in our testimonies.

Tuesday- Instead of having District Meeting we were to have just a normal proselyting day. We talked to a very different man. He was a Rastafarin (Or belongs to the Bob Marley Church which I didn't know existed) with so very different beliefs. Then we had a really heated conversation about tithing. He ket saying " Well why do your leaders hide the funds?" What if they are using the money for their own needs." Elder Blanford remarked back with some power and said "We trust these men because they are called of God!" Our conversation led into discussions about prophets and apostles. It was kind of confrontational on his part but we remained calm. Later we had some other really powerful lessons with a less active on faith and then a even cooler experience with a member family The Fukofuka's. Shared a powerful Scripture 2 Nephi 25:6 speaking of the importance of teaching children of the judgments of God and how to avoid the temptations of Satan.

Wednesday- Mission Tour today with Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy. He has such a powerful testimony. I was asked to bear my testimony so I bore my testimony on the Savior. "I can do all things through Christ."  I bore testimony of the power he has!

Thursday was a great day until...the nose bleeds happened, two of them. Yeah it was really bad! I was so light headed and couldn't really do much because of all the blood I had lost. For a good twenty minutes my nose bled leaving me really light-headed. I went to the Hospital because of the blood. Luckily it finally stopped right before they were going to fix it. They told me that all I needed to do was rest.

Friday- Sunday: Elder Blandford and I stayed home. I rested for a good portion of the days. It was difficult. I was so tried and my body was done with sleep. So I tried my best to study about faith and how to prepare for Elder David A. Bednar who is coming to the mission on Tuesday. It was a really trying time for me, so many prayers were offered and I received so much strength. I got a blessing from Elder Blandford on Sunday :)

I love the Savior, I love trials, and I love the Work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...