As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bird pooped on my head!
Sweet Az Week!

Hello! Well first and foremost I will let you know that I have been called to be a District Leader (again) in place of Elder Burns. I'm the "Relief Society President" only because the whole district is just sisters. Anyhow I have really enjoyed it so far. President Balli gave me a ring on Monday to ask me if I would accept the call to serve! I told President, "


Whatever you need me to do I will do it." It went into effect that night. My prayers have been so much more sincere and more heartfelt to my Heavenly Father, and He knows what we stand in need of at all times! And well I guess he saw that I needed to bring others up! I l can't wait to do this!

         With Elder Burns leaving, Monday was kind of crazy. Elder Burns frantically went around getting everything he needed before Tuesday. With all the craziness going on everything was rushed..even shopping. We shopped so fast, and the evening went even faster with saying goodbye to all the members.

Time to clean off the poop..
 My First District Meeting! It was interesting because with two of the District Leaders going home, I had to train two districts. Elder Masoe had to leave half way through the meeting to catch his plan to Fiji..It was hard to say goodbye but I didn't cry..I felt like I was supposed to see him later on in life so I wasn't too worried. I worked with Elder Bennett because I didn't have a comp! He had trade-offs with the Tongan Elders in his District so I had to go along with them, and Elder Lolohea was with us.

On Wednesday I worked with the Zone Leaders doing Zone Leader stuff and taking Elder Lee to the doctor's due to a boil on his face. It was super gross and Elder Lee was not happy. The nurse who was cleaning and re-dressing his face wasn't wearing the most appropriate clothes. Following all this we worked until about five. I had to go with Elder Bennett and Vave for dinner. Sad thing was that the members who were giving us a ride had a flat and we waited for AGES for another ride. We finally got to dinner and then I had to go back with the Zone Leaders. Elder Lee had to go back to the clinic so Elder Ward and I got everything ready for transfers.

Thursday- Waiting for our companions, Elder Bennett and I worked together until we got our new comps. We had a solid morning teaching Junior from the Book of Mormon and had a really cool visit with the Ah-Ching family who have three kids on missions in the Philippines. We left them with a prayer and asked for a blessing to be upon the mother and father. My new companion arrived! Elder Blandford. He was serving in Africa (Sierra Leone) but had to be re-assigned due to the Ebola virus outbreak. He is from Gisborne, NZ, South Island. He has been out about 8 months, and we're getting along well. So that night we had a solid lesson with our recent convert Stewart and taught a little bit more about the Restoration!

Friday- Weekly planning went well and we made it super effective planning specifically for investigators. Following planning, we went to work . A lot of hit and miss visits but had a really good evening following the spirit and showing the Lord that we would do our best to listen to what he would have us do. Sister Abba hadn't being coming for a while so we visited and shared with her the LOVE that Heavenly Father has for her. She cried and asked if we could come back and share a message.

All Clean, refreshing....
Saturday- We had an awesome experience with finding an in-active member of 30 years. Raymond lost two wives in tragic accidents and was still feeling remorse for what had happened. We shared Joshua 1:9 and a "Mormon Message" to uplift him and he seemed to be much happier because of it! He was so glad to have us there.

Sunday- It was so good at Church this week. I got a lot of encouragement from Sacrament meeting and from being able to teach both Gospel Principles and then Primary. I love Church! If you want to know what I learned read Ezekiel 34.

This is my week! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...