As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, December 8, 2016

See #3
So this week didn't have too much going for it... Sadly. But it was a good week! 1. My neck is kinked out the WAZ... 2. I have had a couple of people ask me what nationality I am and I tell them Samoan and they go on and on about Tongans.. 3. I look Hispanic in a cowboy hat.. 4. I met a guy that only has 2 teeth in is mouth and his breath smelled horrible.. 5. Had a few amazing lessons. AND 6! I had the best home made, made from scratch Mexican food!!

1.) So the other morning I woke up and went to roll out of bed to say my prayers, and I could not move to save my life.. My neck cranked the wrong way. And I was down and out for the weekend. But, it is getting a lot better. Even though I couldn't play basketball today.

2.) I have freaking had like 5 or 6 people ask me this week if I was Polynesian, and of course I respond with, "Yes I am Samoan!" Now the answer is always the same. "AHH I had a few Tongan companions on my mission!" Cool dude! I am not Tongan.. So I just sit back and listen to how many people they've met that are Tongan and they always ask if I have ever been to Hawai'i. Oh well. OH! And they always say You can't be Polynesian!? You're too small!? Yes I know.. I am small for a. Anyways.

3.) As you can see in my pictures. I look like a Meeko in a Cowboy hat.. That's all for that one.

4.) Mr. Navarro. This guy is the goofiest looking dude you will ever meet This guy can talk for HOURS! Goodnight man, he only has his bottom K9 teeth and that is all you can stare at when he talks to you! I am not joking. Imagine a 65 ish ol' Meeko man, tall, lanky, and has no teeth except his two bottom K9's. And, the only thing I took away from talking to him for an hour was this.
Mr. Navarro: I haven't met too many Samoan's that are LED!?
Elder Holland: You mean LDS??
I about burst out laughing but I felt bad for the guy only because of the way he looked and his breath was RANK.. Oh and because he didn't have the true Gospel in his life..

5.) We had some pretty great lessons this week! We have a Less Active family in our area and they are an amazing family but they just don't go to church!? And we keep inviting them to come to church, but they never come. So we were prompted to start small with just saying family prayer and they committed to do that and you can see the change in the way they listen to our messages now! We had a lesson with another Less Active family, the VanWagner's. They have never let us in until we started helping out his dad which is also in our area. We shared a scripture and the dad opened up and said, "Yeah we know we need to go and we want to so maybe next week? Sound good hun?" So we are crossing our fingers!

6.) Mexican food isn't my first choice, but homemade?? I think yes!?!? It was like Heavenly food! I cannot pronounce what it was nor spell it. You just have to take my word for it!!

Anyways that is all for this week! So until next time! I love you all and thank you for all the emails! I miss you guys! I hope you have a verry Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays my dudes!

Love,
Elder Matua

Lowridin'!!!

Chinese anyone???

Elder Wilcox and his Santa outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...