As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Alright, so this week went by really fast and not a whole lot went on, but I will give you a quick run down. 1. I helped rewire a 64' Mustang fastback. 2. I guess I sleep walk?? Haha 3. Don't order Mt. Dew at Restaurants... 4. I have a love hate relationship with dogs. 5. Went to the Mesa Temple lights. And, 6. my comp is freaking hilarious with come backs to Anti's!

1.) So I was out on exchanges with Elder Merritt my ZL. And we were roaming around a gated community called Barrington. As, we came around the corner of S Gordon and E Lakeview I spotted a beauty. And, no not a girl, but a 64' Fastback Mustang with a guy slumped over the engine of this beast. Well, we pulled up and OYM'd (Open your mouth) this tubster, and asked him what he was up to. He was rewiring the car and we asked if he needed any help and sure enough this man said "As a matter of fact I do!" So, Merritt and I helped this man out, but he was sadly not interested in the LDS church...
What a beaut!!! '64 Fastback Mustang!!!
 2.) Well, it was Thursday night and usually we would have 10 o'clock and then we chill and talk. But. I went to bed right after 10 o'clock prayer while the other Elders stayed up. So around 10:30 Elder Holland came into the room and went to bed. I was out like a rock. Anyways, 10-15 minutes pass and this is Elder Hollands experience. So, he was almost asleep and he felt his bed shake a little and so he rolled over to see what it was and there I was standing over him with my eyes closed and he was FREAKED out that he punched me in the chest and I didn't wake up, so he shook me and I fell on him and then I freaked out that I was in his bed.. Soooo, yeah I sleep walk?


3.) Don't order Mt. Dew while at a restaurant, because here is the response you get, "Mormon's can drink soda?? I thought y'all couldn't like have caffine?" Ugh, if only people knew... It's all good I just gave him a weird look and he left and brought my apostate drink hahaha.

4.) Dogs are good, but they suck when you are trying to teach. First, they bark like crazy so people get annoyed of their dogs and open the door. But, it's when you're in the house and teaching that you hate those things and just want to punt them to China..

5.) Last night Me and Elder Holland got to take a recent convert, and her non-member husband to the Mesa Temple lights. It was such and amazing experience, because the husband saw a Plan of Salvation video at the visitor center that sparked some interest in the Church! And now we have a lesson with him on the 15th!!

6.) So we were getting anti'd out the WAZ the other day and this guy was attacking us left and right, and the guy said, "I don't want none of *bleep* in my life. I don't want to be a part of a Cult."
And Elder Holland cuts him off and says, "That's funny you say that because we USED to be a colt, but now we are a stallion!!" The Guy lost it and said okay that is a good one and we just told him to have a good day and we went our separate ways!

So things went really well this week and me and Elder Holland are killing it! We are loving the work and we are loving the Lord and we are serving him the very best we can! I love you all and I miss you all too! I hope things are going great up there in SOJO and DUB JAY! Alofas from AZ!

P-Day soccer injury






No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...