As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

WEEK 20--5 Months In! I Think?

This last week has been quite amazing! I felt like I really got lost in the work after being out sick all of last week. Time just flew by. It was Monday and then it was Friday, like what the heck just happened here??
Okay okay. 1. My Comp and I had a baptism this last weekend!! 2. Well that's about it....? It was pretty lame this week besides the baptism.

1.) So, we had a baptism this weekend! For a 59 year old man named Stephen Mcguire. This is a studly man. He is amazing and I love him for the fight he has put up against the adversary. Stephen struggles with bad depression. He is dead broke and about to lose his house. He has been divorced for about 10 years and is just having a rough go. Oh and not to mention he is broke because his father spent Stephen's whole retirement... So you feel for him right? Well Elder Tolman and I decided that we would not let go of Stephen and just attack him just as hard as the adversary was, and now look. This amazing son of God has entered in the waters of baptism and opened that first gate on the path to Eternal Salvation. I had to honor and privilege to baptize Stephen, and boy as soon as he came up out of the water you could just see this light just radiating off of him and he had this smile from ear to ear. I couldn't help but tear up a little. I was so happy to see this man after 15 years from his initial contact finally make this beautiful covenant with his Love Father in Heaven. I will never forget the feeling I had Saturday and spirit that was felt in the baptismal font!

No worries Mom, just a dart...no bullets
Oh I forgot. Yeah we got shot at through our apartment window the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Palm trees for Dad

Jim

Me on my hot rod,  cruisin' through the neigborhood



No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...