As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

WEEK 37--The South is Growing on Me

This week has been CRAZY busy! It's been hard to keep the days all in order and remember what we have one what day. Which is good yet it's also really bad. Don't want any leaders getting mad. Oops. So this week has been filled with some weird, funny, crazy, inspired, etc moments. 1. David Rowden/Chicken feet 2. Early morning soccer. 3. Samoan Sniper hahaha(; 4. I am not a fan of little kids in testimony meetings (sorry to those with little kids) 5. Elder Pearson and Zone Conference. 6. Goodnight Elder.

1.) My comp says this was inspired. I say it was God punishing me for being mad at my companion. We were about to head home for the night at 8:00 to start some paper work. And my comp and I had a last minute thought to stop by a part member family, the Rowdens, and so we did. For the first time, we met our investigator May. We haven't met her, but she's been being taught in Chandler. But that's another story for another time. Well we finally got to meet her and they had just gotten dinner, but they let us in anyway. We got to talking, getting to know May and what not when she asks if we want some Thai food. (she's Thai) So she brings us some bombin' pork dumplings then asks if we want more. Of course being nice we say sure even though we ate only a couple hours ago. Well she plops something on my plate, and my eyes almost popped out of my head. Yeah it was a chicken foot. I was like uhhh I think KFC messed up?? Hahaha She was like just eat a toe and spit out the bones as you eat the meat. I was like oh heck no. But I had to be a man, so I took a bite of the middle toe, it tasted really good. I just couldn't get past that it was a chicken foot. I choked it down and quickly took a chug of water and threw a couple of tootsie rolls in my mouth. Oh gosh. That was the first and last time I eat a chicken foot.

2.) This ones short. We play zone sports every Tuesday and Saturday morning at 6:00 a.m. I was not trying to play. But my ZL came over and got me to play. Well 3 minutes in I was so close to the goal. My teammate crossed the ball to me and I kicked that ball like it was Garrett's butt. And low and behold a sister jumped in the way right as my foot touched the ball and WHAM straight to the forehead hahaha. Now I laugh cause not even a minute ago she yelled to everyone, " I BETTER NOT GRT HIT IN THE HEAD THIS TIME!!" Yeah you spoke too soon. I felt bad until she spit attitude at me for an accident she threw herself into. So I brushed it off and the rest of the game, when I got the ball she stayed away from us. I scored 4 times cause of her fear of getting another pentagon imprinted on her forehead.  Hahaha

3.) Have you seen American Sniper? Haha trick question it's rated R. If you have repent cause I had to. Oops sorry mom and dad(; Anyways we were doing a service at a part members family and as we were wrapping up she said, "you could do me a huge favor?" Then proceeded to hand us pellet guns and said," Have fun!" I thought my comp was going to say not but he said, "Well they aren't FIREarms?" My comp is EXACTLY obedient. So him saying that opened up an hour of popping birds off. I got 6, Elder T got 2, Elder Barney got 6, and Elder Romero got 15... cactus' hahaha he sucks at shooting. And yes we counted the cactus he hit. It was a blast and we got cookies for doing the service so that made it that much better. If you need me for any extermination jobs call me in 15 months.

4.) Short and simple. IF YOU KID IS UNDER 8 DONT LET THEM BEAR THEIR TESTIMONY. It's awesome they want to share what they know, but there seems to be a pattern in kids sharing. They say the same thing as the kid before them or they freeze up and stand their for 5 minutes and run off the stand and crying hysterically. Again sorry to those with little kids.

5.) Such a beautiful experience to have a General Authority come and talk to your mission. I got so much out of this. Go and read "Converted Unto the Lord" by Elder Bednar. Amazing. My testimony was built and strengthened with every word that came out of Elder and Sister Pearson mouths. Know that we are not the light but we are the carriers, conduits, and messengers of the light. The Gospel, Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, and Heavenly Father are the light. We should walk Circumsoectly before god or in other words walk aware and heeding the consequences that follow the choices we make, and teach/ preach with unwearied diligence. We should be one with the Savior in doing the will of the Father. I am so grateful for the words spoken to me yesterday from my peers and leaders. So amazing. I will never forget the way I felt in that meeting. Also remember that we don't have to travel for to find those who are ready and willing to receive the message of the Restoration of the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. Nothing compares to the blessings given to use members of Christ's church especially when we are living the Doctrine of Christ.

6.) Here's another short one. So 10:30 hits and my comp and I say out nightly companion prayer. Keep in mind Monday was a busy day of being out in the sun doing service around a farm. Well we finished the prayer and I holed up and brushed my teeth as my comp knelt down to say his individual prayer. I lied down and quickly past out. Well what do you know I wake up to my comp in the same position as he was when he was saying his prayer the night before. I was laughing so hard and called the other Elders in and we just died laughing and that woke him up. Oh man that was priceless. But sadly he woke up before anyone could get a camera to snap a pic.

Man this week was insanely busy. I wish I had time to tell you all everything that happened. I hope next week is filled with the same exact stuff. It made the week fly by being busy and working hard. I hope all is well at home. I miss you guys. You are in my prayers. God bless. I love you guys! I'll talk to you next week!!!!

P.s. It has already hit 113.

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...