As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, July 27, 2017

WEEK 43- MUY CALIENTE!!!!

Alright so I have a lot to write about this week, and not a whole lot of time... So here it goes. 1. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Gospel. 2. I love sharing the gospel with people. 3. Mama Hoopes and the Miracle. 4. 4 a.m. Hike up the San Tan mountains and 5. Don't try riding your bike over 5 miles in 117 degree weather with only 2 water bottles...

1.) Well the Sunday as I say and listened to most of the talks in the 2 wards I cover, and as I pondered on the words being spoken, and I felt like I got hit by a freight train. Like the Holy Ghost was the conductor and ran me over, and came back for seconds. I can't remember what I said, but I know for sure I cannot deny the feelings that I felt. And then later on that night as we went preaching the good word we came across a man who loves to debate on the topic of religion. And he was just talking, but I couldn't even understand what he was saying? Literally his mouth was moving, but nothing was making sense? I don't even think he was saying words, but the words I was able to hear as we were ending the 1 sided conversation, he said, "I don't believe in faith? Why get your hopes up for something when it's not even there?" It broke my heart a little. I felt bad for this man. What is the point of life if you aren't striving to reach for something better than this life? Maybe that's just me, but it just made me think of how lucky I am to have this Gospel in my life, and the people that surround me with the same morals and standards..

2.) The other day my companion and I had the opportunity to stop by 2 less active families and they were both home! (they are never home). Anyways, we shared with them Alma's conversion story and his committing to the will of God, and boy oh boy was the Spirit there to testify. Again 2 times in a weeks the Holy Ghost ran me over with his spiritual freight train, and it hit me hard as my companion and I were testifying to the families of the truthfulness of this Gospel and the blessings it brings to us as individuals but also the most important unit in God's plan, the family. I just love being able to e a conduit of the Spirit and being able to have him as a constant companion as I go out and spread the Gospel. It's a huge blessing for me.

3.) Okay, so if you haven't heard of Mama Hoopes yet the little X is on the top right corner of your screen. Just kidding, but for real she is amazing! Well one night we were headed to go meet with a non-member family that wants their daughter to attend activity days. So not thinking about her age we called Brother Kane to come, but it was a blessing that he couldn't come because this lady needed Mama Hoopes! And she came in confident bold, and exactly what this lady needed. It was truly a miracle because had Brother Kane come I don't think it would have gone over as well, and the the next day Mama Hoopes went back over with and activity days leader the next day and invitd them to church!! Sadly they didn't come, but they did say yes! So hopefully we can continue to go over and maybe start teaching them!

4.) Okay real short. This was a dumb idea. we got up at 3:40 a.m. to hike and see the sunrise as a zone. Yeah I am still dead from both getting up that early and also that hike was STEEP! Well the funny thing is we were lost for about 30 minutes because we forgot how to get to the trailhead, and so we had to rush up to the top and we made it just in time for the sun to peak over the Superstition Mountains! I think it's the Superstitions. I don't know Anyways it was really cool we had a devotional up there and then went and had breakfast as a zone.

5.) Alright this story has to be the dumbest thing I have ever done on my mission... Okay 2nd dumbest thing I have done on my mission. So we have a car right? Well we are limited on 700 miles a month, and we had a great idea to save on miles because we were getting too far ahead of ourselves. Well we planned on biking all day, and well our area is 36.5 square miles... Okay so we start our adventure, and we get about 5 minutes from the house when we realized oh shoot we each only have 2 water bottles... Haha instead of turning around we just continued on our journey into the "DIRT". We were going to try and get a hold of the Haynes family to talk to them about one of their home teaching families, and the try and get in contact with a less active family. 1st off my companion forgot to mention that he had no idea where the Haynes lived and that he has no idea if the less active family even still lived there! So pretty much we were biking over there for no reason besides to get some info from someone we had no clue where he lived. Well mapped out the ride was about 7 miles. The 7 miles turned into like 9 or 10.... And after dehydration started to kick in I had double vision. But I'm all good now. We made it to a members house just in time to cool down. Then they took us home #blessing. Let's just say we will never again do that again.

Well I love you all! I will talk to you next week, but until then. Alofas to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...