As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, August 10, 2017

WEEK 45-I Got a Brown Companion!!

Hello Family and Friends,
This week has been a splended one. Here are some highlights to my week that put a smile on my face. Today I will be starting with the things that made me chuckle.
As we were in our automobile driving to an activity for our zone we came upon a stop light. At this particular light we heard this obnoxiously loud sound. As we neared the light we discovered that it was an elderly woman in her mid-high 50's with a burrito in her hand head banging to a song performed by Fetty Wap, this was at 7:30 in the morning.
This particular event made my companion and I feel somewhat very uncomfortable. We were at a member's home, and as we were speaking to this Brother when his wife came out of their room, said Honey I need you. Now this is what made it awkward. The Brother giggled as he went in. We had not turned around or anything. We just sat, and stared at each other wondering why he had giggled? Elder Endrizzi and I were in a weirdly dimmed living room, and we sat there for a good 30-45 minutes before they both came out of the room.. We just sat their awkwardly as we talked.. We try not to assume, so I will leave it at that for you..
Okay now that the funny moments are out here are 2 miracles that I will never forget.
1.) This last Sunday I was able to watch Edgar Caraveo, the father of the Part Member family we are teaching, receive the Aaronic Priesthood. Now he is able to baptize his son and his wife. I will never forget that!
2.) Elder Endrizzi and I were headed to Potential Investigators house out in the middle of nowhere. They live next to like 3 houses which are pretty spread apart. Anyways, the person we went to go see wasn't home, but we got back to the car, and as we opened our doors a Hispanic man was yelling from a ways off, and running to us. When he got to us he asked if we knew any spanish. Luckily my companion did, so the guy continued, and explained that he is a recovering drug addict that needs god, and wanted to come to church and learn more of the mormon religion. It's been a awesome week.
Elder Wilcox (my 1st comp in the mission) and Tillotson
Another sunrise hike
Well I love you all! I miss you and wish you all the best. May God bless you in all that you guys do. Have a good week!​
New Comp--Elder Endrizzi (from St. Paul MN and he's Japanese)





No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...