As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Monday, October 2, 2017

WEEK 54?---This Week Has Been Chill

I'm sorry I've been slacking on emails. But today I'll start with something I heard this week that I will probably apply for the rest of my life. It's from Elder Natress of the Seventy, and also former Mission President of the Arizona Gilbert Mission he said, "Plan precisely, but execute flexibly."  I love that quote. As missionaries, not everything goes to plan. Lessons get cancelled, doors get slammed in your face, you go to contact people and they say they're not interested, etc. But you either have a back up or you have to be light on your feet to come up with something to do to be effective. I've found this quote to have already helped me in this work. I've never not been busy this transfer, and I'm loving it. Although my comp goes home this transfer and is a little trunky. He still realizes that he's not done until he's been set apart. So it's been a good transfer so far. 

Here is a quick funny moment of this week. So, we were having a lesson with our investigator this past Thursday, and we showed him a picture of Jesus getting baptized. And he said, "Woah is that guy really trying to slap Jesus!?" And his girlfriend (She's a member.)  called in from the other room and said, "NO!? That's him getting baptized!" We all started to laugh I felt bad cause of course he didn't know, but I couldn't help it. 

Well I haven't sent you an email for about 3 weeks and I'm sorry. So here is a run down of those 3 weeks. My new companion is Elder Ethan Mckown. He's been out for 23 months. He is from Odessa, Texas. We have been able to teach quite a few people. We have 4 investigators in this area and all are progressing which makes me so happy.  

We are teaching a lady and her 2 kids. Here's what's cool they are FLDS, so they already have a testimony of the BOM and Joseph Smith. We are just working now towards how there is a prophet on the Earth today.  We have a guy named Bob. He is in a part member and he is a stud. Last week he came to church by himself without his wife although he only stayed for sacrament meeting he still came and that's progress. 

Here are pictures of me and Elder Mckown at a Greek Orthodox Monastery. We went and we had a blast learning about these people who don't even leave this place, and the lives they live and how they worship. It was cool. All of them asked us about our lives and our religion so it was a win win.

I am having a blast in my new area and I love the people here. We are having a baptism this weekend for a stud, Jason Hair, he is so knowledgeable, and he us so open to everything. We are too stoked.  I hope all is well. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Matua 

Greek Orthodox church visit

My new comp, Elder McKown







No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...