As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, October 26, 2017

WEEK 57-This is a sad week...

This week was my last week with my favorite companion. We've seen good success in this area. We've been able to see changes in those we have taught. Elder Mckown taught me that there is multiple ways to do missionary work. It isn't a wrote, scripted work. You have to be human and you can be You. Just more mature for me. This transfer has been real.
But let's get into the good stuff.
Here is a funny moment.
So we went to say goodbye to a family that Elder Mckown was super close with. And as we were leaving I heard and big slap and I looked and the oldest daughter was still grabbing Elder McKown's butt. I. Was. In. Shock. I died laughing while Mckown turned like 100 shades of red in .3 seconds. Long story short she was dared by hee sister to do it.
Here is a miracle.
We are teaching this girl. Her name is Julia. And she is awesome. And she is amazing. We call her the platinum investigators. She's another Jason. If you remember back to my last email a couple weeks ago. Julia is ready to be dunked. We just have to teach her the lessons. She is living the Gospel. She has met all the requirements. We are just waiting for her baptismal date which is November 4. Our second lesson with her she told US that she had a date for baptism. She's just awesome. So she is our miracle for the week.
Now not a whole lot has happened this week. Besides my companion packing, visiting families to say goodbye, having lessons, talking to people on the streets and getting rejected 100 times a day. But one thing I will remember was one of the talks given in sacrament meeting the an RM gave about families. I love my family. I am grateful for my family. I don't know what I'd do with out them. In his talk he said that without families God's plan wouldn't be complete. It wouldn't work. And I agree. I don't think if be able to make it through life on the right path with out a family to keep me on it.
With that I love you all and I hope you all had a good week. And I hope you all have a better week this week. Keep it real.
Love,
Elder Matua

That's our cowboy....what a dork!!!!

He must be missing his Kujo

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...