As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, November 2, 2017

WEEK 58---"How can sky be the limit when there's footprints on the Moon?"

Alright so I got a new Companion and I am so excited for these next 6 weeks. His name is Elder Chadwick. He has been out 17 months, so only 2 transfers ahead of me. He is from Windsor, Colorado. Just East of Fort Collins. He is a STUD! This past week we have seen a lot of good come from our long hours of biking and the hard work we've been putting in. But let's start with my favorite. A funny moment. This may not be funny to you but it brought a smile to my face.
So we were looking through the area book to see who we could stop by before we went to dinner. Well a name Colette Cordner came up and it sounded to familiar, I was like oh sweet let's go see her. We looked up the address and started to bike there. We got there and I just couldn't figure out why the name was familiar to me. Well we knocked on the door and I just laughed and Elder Chadwick gave me this look like why are you laughing!? And I said, "Hey Sister Cordner how are you doing?? Elder Chadwick meet the former relief Society President." She replied with, "Fine! What can I do for you Elders?" So, we shared with her that we had a referral to stop by her because she had filled out a card at a concert that Gladys Knight put on like a year ago and the referral had just come through. Then she told us she only filled that card out to get the free CD... So this "golden referral" ended up being a freaking amazing member.. Funny right? -_-

Anyways... Investigator updates: We still have a set baptism the Saturday and we are stoked! All we need is an interview and we are good to go. We have a couple investigators progressing really well. Our investigator Wilson just moved out of our area which sucks.. Jason Hair is doing very well and he received the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday!! As you can see things are doing just fine here in ole' Gilbert, AZ!

This week we were able to meet a few new people who are wanting to know more about the Gospel and it gets me so excited! We met the sweetest old lady that asked us to come back. So we are gonna go back and teach her about the Restoration of the Gospel. We met a young man who said he was interested, but will have to talk to his parents so we will see how that goes. We also met an elderly man who says he hates all religions, but ours has always stuck out to him. He's the one I'm excited for. This next Monday I hope I have stories for you all.

Well I love you guys and thank you for all the prayers I am grateful to have family and friends like you all. have a good week!!

Zone pumpkin carving activity

Tai Pumpkin 1

Tai Pumpkin 2

With Sis. (Maddie) Snow, RM served in the Philippines

My NEW comp, Elder Chadwick

Me and Elder Tanner

Zobe, the miniture camel cow???

Riding in the trunk


The Lewis Family

Me and Elder McKown

Sunday treats from members.....so spoiled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...