As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, December 14, 2017

WEEK 63---"Never apologize for how much love you have to give. Just feel sorry for those who didn't want any of it."

This week hasn't been too eventful, but I'll give you the highlights. 1. Our service on Friday....
2. Segways. 3. It's still hot down here...

1.) Okay I love giving service, but this particular one was not my favorite. First off it was in a creepy as heck building. It was at the Gilbert Museum.... it's tiny, old, smelly, and it just gives you the heebie geebies... So what was going on was there was a silent auction there on previous decorated trees and what we had to do was help the winner of a tree wrap it in plastic wrap and haul it to their car. Okay so it doesn't sound as bad as it actually was. You get really dizzy from walking around a tree like 30 times added with the no A/C and the smell. It was just rough. While being there I fell down some stairs, got a big "phantom scratch",  and my comp got a killer bloody nose. So the stairs were all slanted and slick so I took on step and fell all the way down on my butt.. the phantom scratch came form the basement. Supposedly the basement is haunted and there's a lady that is always seen down there. And I walked down there with only a bruised butt. And I walked out with a big scratch from my wrist to my forearm and I didn't touch anything while down there.. I showed the guy in charge and said, "Yep she don't take to kindly to you Mormon guys too much, and I said, "she?" and he replied, "Yep her names Lucy." And 10 minutes later my companion went downstairs to grab some boxes and he came back up gushing blood out of his face! So it got a little sketch after that... but anyways I don't ever want to go back there...

2.) Not sure if I mentioned this last week, but there is a member in our zone leaders area that has 4 segways at $8,000 a pop. Well we had a lot of fun riding around at a park and racing and what not. They had off road tires on them so we were going everywhere. It was a lot of fun. I have a picture of it so I'll send that.

3.) Last year the temperature cooled down around the middle of November. This year it's still in the mid to high 70's to low 80's.. it's been toasty. We've been driving around with windows down and short sleeves. It is ridiculous.

That's pretty much it for the week. I hope you have a good week! Alofas from AZ!!

- Elder Matua




No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...