As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, February 15, 2018

WEEK 72----4 More Transfers????

It is so crazy to think that I only have a few more months left and it makes me kinda sad. Arizona has been my home for the past year and some change. Time has been flying by. Anyways I am loving Queen Creek! The wards that I cover are awesome and we have a baptism coming up in a couple of weeks. I am loving every little bit of the work right now even though it has been slow lately. I kind of got used to just riding past people without stopping and talking with them, but since being with Elder Lott he has taught me to stop and say something even if it is just a "Hi , we are the missionaries!" I am grateful for what my companion has taught me.

 I am going to apologize. It has been a little slow this last week so there isn't going to be much, but here are some events from the week! 1. My companion is an Anti magnet!!!! 2. Quickest service EVER. 3. Joe Torrez.

1.) I don't know if I have told you guys in past emails or not, but my comp has a gift for finding/ running into Anti's, and it is so annoying. Literally the past transfer, so 5 weeks. I have been anit'd more than I have my whole mission... From magical underwear to brain washed, from multiple wives to the mental state of Joseph Smith (insane). And oh man does it fire up Elder Lott. Most the time I have to intervene, so we don't start making a scene. My favorite thing I have heard this paat transfer is that Jesus was a women. Elder Lott and I just sat there and laughed. Not the best thing we could have done.We asked the guy if he rmembers the baptism of Jesus Christ. and he said of course. And so we asked him what The Father said as he came out of the water. And he responded with, "Yes, He said this is my Beloved Son in whome I am well pleased." And proceeded to ask him what that was supposed to mean if Jesus was a woman? And he blow a fuse, and told us to leave, and stop trying to confuse him. It was a riot. we have fun with these guys we come in contact with. It crask me up so bad!

2.) Alright so here we go. So we have been doing this service for our sisters for a part member family.. This family just sees us as free help and doesn't have any interest with joining the church.We have tried telling the sisters that it isn't the best use of our time because she has not interest. We love being a service, but there is being a help and then being slaves. So we go to this house for no reason.. Well Elder Lott and I built these 24 ft by 6 ft. raised beds in a bout 30 minutes.. And then the lady that isn't a member blew up cause one of the other Elders in our zone tried talking to her about the gospel and she tossed us out, so we will see if we go back. I don't think so. Oh well. Hahah the zone gets their wishes.

3.) Joe Torrez is a LEGEND! I love him. Every time we go over there he is always 3 sheets to the wind! Dunk off his butt. We go over there and teach him, but he remembers everything. He loves is alcohol, but I thik he can change. Well this last time we went over he gave Elder Lott a drone and the next time we go over he said he'll give me a guitar. He is awesome. and when he is sober he's even better, but druck Joe is rad. I'll keep y'all updated on his progression!

But that is about it. We  are working hard and seeing miracles! Love you all and I hope all is better! I will talk to you all next week!

Love,
Elder Matua



No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...