As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

WEEK 71--Well Golly... What Was That For?

This week hasn't been to crazy, but we have been doing work. So by the end of this transfer I only have 6 1/2 months left and that freaks me out. Anyways this week we 1. Put good Ole' Al on date. 2. Baci's. And 3. I got to see one of my best friends.!!

1. We have an Investigator, Mr. Al Thomas, and this man is spectacular! We haven't taught him anything yet. We had only met him once before this lesson. He just sits there and answers everything like he already knows. He's honest and not embarrassed to ask questions when things don't make sense. We'll his baptismal date was in March on the 25th for his mom's birth date. But, as we sat with him we told him that he can have her work done on her birthday, if he moved his baptismal date up. So Al Thomas will be baptized February 24th, and we couldn't be more excited!! He is so ready all we have to do is teach him the things he already knows. It is so cool to see how people that are prepared by our Heavenly Father are placed in front of you when you're doing all you  can.

2. This is the second best thing that happened to me this week. Baci's is a very expensive restaurant, but Elder Lott and I did not know that going into it. We didn't want to just get back up and just walk out so we faith dined SO HARD!! There wasn't a plate there that was under $20. So ten minutes in of us staring at the menu  a member walked up to us and said, "Why are you here? Did you save up your money to come?" And we told them that we didn't know it was so expensive someone just referred it to us. This generous man looked at us and said Elders you get whatever you want and tell them to put it on Todd's tab. Our faith was sufficient. And we got a $65 dinner paid for. It was a miracle!!

3. I got to see my little brother this past week. Wow was it a freaking surprise. We were supposed to surprise him, but he got me good. We were getting anti'd by some dude trying to tell us what we believe in. And as we were leaving I here a whistle and a Hey! And as I turned around I see Garrett standing there and I couldn't hold it in I was bawling my eyes out. And I don't cry that's the thing. We got to talk for a second. And then Saturday we went out to dinner and spent some time together and just talked. Man did I miss him. It was good to see him and I'm just glad he still isn't taller than me. So thank the heavens for that.. It was the best day of my mission!

Honorable Mentions:
I got to go out to lunch with an Uncle I didn't even know. He went to high school with my dad ages ago.

I got my bike all tuned up and fixed!

My district is lit as heck. We know how to flex a cute little Corolla..





No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...