As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Thursday, October 10, 2013

MTC....Week Two

MTC 
Hello Family!
It's been two weeks!! Time flies around here at the MTC. I can't tell you how exciting it is to be apart of the 80,000 Missionaries! Missionary Life has been good, I've been sick with a cold for about a week but I'm getting over it. Tuesday of this week I was on the verge of throwing up. Feeling dizzy and having a sore throat and fearing that I could very well get my district sick. Me and one of my companions stayed in the room and rested, I took some medicine and was out til about 11:00 o' clock!! The most sleep I've gotten in a long time:) I felt refreshed and was ready to finish my day strong. Then a thought came into my mind, being sick made me think of home, being in my bed, having all the meds I needed. It was a struggle the first part of this week. I constantly asked Heavenly Father why I was sick and why it was me that had to get it first. It's amazing how long my prayers have gotten and the pouring out of my soul. My prayers are answered everyday.

Wednesday, a sister in my district was feeling the effects of a migraine during class. She left the class with her companions and not soon after she had left, they came back. Sis. Camilletti peeked her head into the doorway and asked " Elder Matua, Sis. Lasike needs blessing can you give her one?" Of course I said yes! My companion Elder Meridith anointed the oil and I gave the blessing. The spirit was so strong. The spirit flowed through my soul, I began saying things that I'd never said before but it all made sense. She immediately felt better. I was astonished! The Priesthood is so amazing and the blessings we receive are absolutely true and from our Heavenly Father!


I said my first prayer in SAMOAN!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh I can't believe I did it. It was hard but I learned it so fast. I guess memorizing is easy for me. It was Friday of last week I offered it in our companionship prayer right before I went to bed. It was bad but I did it I've never felt so accomplished in my life!
But everything else language wise has been tough the whole sentence structure stuff, I can get the form right. I think with time it'll come easier. The teachers had a one on one meeting with each member of our district asking what they could do better to help us learn the language. Hopefully they will strive to make it progressively easier for us to create, and express how we are feeling in Samoan. I'll get there and I know that I will. I have faith that Heavenly Father will help me through this. Like it said in my blessing that I would have the Gift of Tongues, I fully believe that I WILL SPEAK SAMOAN!!!



Stay true to this Gospel and never fall away. Pray everyday to help someone in need and the Lord will help 
you.








THINK OF OTHERS BEFORE YOURSELF. FORGET ABOUT YOURSELF!

     Love you all and hope to hear from you soon!
         Love,  Elder Wilson Spencer Matua

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...