As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Part of an email from my cousin in New Zealand

I hope you're enjoying reading some of Wilson's experiences in New Zealand. As we've told some of you, a cousin of mine, Dahlia, moved to New Zealand and she happens to be attending the Samoan ward (Tamaki 1st Ward) in the Tamaki Stake that Elder Matua is currently serving in. I thought it would be nice to share some of her email she sent to us recently.

I want you to know that Elder Matua is doing really good.  We are so happy that he is here and while I really really want to tell you all about what is going on with him, I will leave it to him to share with you....but don't worry mom, they are all good things!  He is absolutely amazing and already during his first week has made an impact on the work in our ward.  

So, he is doing well my dear and like I said, not to worry.  TJ and I stopped by last night after they got home so I got to see their place. They are living in Otara, which I guess is the equivalent of Compton. A totally new but good experience for Wilson, and I say that because when he comes home, he will have a much greater appreciation for the things that mom and dad have done and provided for him and his brothers! Truly!  Having said that, they are surrounded by and live on a street that has tons of families from the ward.  The missionaries never have a problem in Otara.  They are in a nice clean flat but they dont have a phone yet so all of the work they are doing is on foot. 

The last thing I will share with you for now is that Elder Matua has also made an impact on TJ. TJ and Wilson have had just a few conversations, but it isn't so much about the conversations they've had that has impacted TJ. It's just seeing Wilson, his countenance, the way he carries himself, the way he talks to you, its everything about him!  TJ cannot stop talking about how he cannot wait to serve and he literally said, I hope I can be like Wilson.  

Love you all

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...