As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New companion, same area.

Me and Elder Calizo
Well I'll be honest this week had a lot of high notes! I was grateful for things that happened! My new companion is Elder Calizo from American Samoa. He is half Filipino and half Samoan. We are working in my original area and we hope to find even more people to teach. I had a very interesting thing happen to me on the Thursday after I got my companion...We visited a non-member (Seventh Day) she was talking and talking and talking and..then she said fai se tatalo a'u ( I'm going to say a prayer). Well, a thought came into my mind that I did not fully understand  and you'll have to ask my Mom  about it. Needless to say it was something my Mom wrote to me in a letter she sent that made me think back to that prayer and the thoughts that I had, so I decided to record it in my journal. Maybe I'll share it with you someday.

In your studies I would suggest you take a minute and read Moroni 10:4-6 and also Joseph Smith-History. And I would also recommend Elder Tad Callister's book, The Infinite Atonement.
On our way to transfer meeting


Love my new companion and I hope to be the best trainer I can be! :) LOVE YOU AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK:)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Elder Matua,

    As I was scanning tags under Samoa, I came across your post, which led me to your blog. I recognize Elder Calizo. He and I used to attend the same ward. Very proud of him and his twin brother. I give you folks mad props for what you do. I am preparing for a mission myself, and blogs sharing missionary experiences like yours motivate me to further study other doctrines of the Gospel. I will take your suggestion into consideration. Our prayers go out to all missionaries out there bringing souls unto Christ! Good Luck Elder. Serve Him Well! :)

    Sis. Tuigamala <3

    ReplyDelete

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...