As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Me and my new comp, Elder Thorpe.
Well, the news is I have been transferred and into a different program....English and in Henderson!
New companion and new area..nervous yes...excited yes! Elder Thorpe is my new companion from Layton, Utah!

Tuesday- Was the day I got my call from the Assistants letting me know that I was being transferred...sad but its His plan not mine...it's okay:) So I began packing....I was super excited to meet my new companion.

Wednesday- Last day in the area..visited members and investigators saying last goodbyes and what not. I really connected with this area and so much change had a occurred in me that I didn't want to leave ..hurts to leave. But it had to happen!

Thursday- Transfer meeting and finishing up packing I thought I lost my camera cord...luckily I found it..phew! Anyway first day in the new area super nervous to get my new companion...but the funny thing is is that I have met Elder Thorpe before....during the Mission Temple trip. We hit it off just fine, sat down and talked together for a minute getting to know each other then off to work...we didn't have bikes because Elder Thorpe's bike was broken...so we walked. OUR AREA IS MASSIVE!!!! Met with some investigators and my feet were sore, hadn't done that much walking since my first area.

Friday- Today was Weekly Planning and did we plan...we went into some deep detail on what was needed to be done for our investigators to progress and come to church and also finding new investigators....We had two appointments today but they fell through...We had to come back to our flat for dinner we sat and waited for forty minutes then our investigator came, Lekasa was his name. He took us to his house and we ate and shared a message about the Title of Liberty. the spirit was so strong! Then we contacted our some of our other investigators with the help of Lekasa and his car.

Saturday- I dread Saturdays, no is never home, always with sports and stuff like that...so we did what we could and talked with anyone we could...still ended up being a really good day though staying positive at all times!

Sunday- First Sunday in a different ward and in a different program. I dislike first Sunday's in a new ward...but it turned out to be really good. I was able to meet with the members and talk with them a little bit. The ward is great, we didn't have a class our ward mission leader was gone on holiday so we had no class to go to...we spent it making copies of progress reports...it was also Ward Conference and also a ward dinner it was really good to see ALL of the ward together. Met some ward members that know Grandpa Moa! Sunday ended up being really great!

Love you all and have a great week!:)






No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...