As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Monday, October 17, 2016

I love my mission. It is so much fun, and I love the work. Everything is going great, and we actually have a baptism on date for the 29th for a boy named Taylor and he is 9. I am excited cause me and Elder Wilcox started teaching him. It gives you such joy and happiness. I love hearing from those in the ward! I am glad  haven't been forgotten.I love my comp. Elder Wilcox. He is a stud and he teaches me something new and important everyday, and he is a missionary I want to be. He is hilarious! Every morning he wakes me up and says wakey wakey princess! Weird, but I laugh every time. He keeps me in line and tells me what to do in a way that doesn't make me want to strangle him.
It has been hot. like mid 90's all week! It makes you sweat through everything you have on. Thank you Lord we have a washer and dryer in the flat so we can do laundry whenever, so my shirts aren't 5 different shades of yellow.. But, all I'm doing is getting skinny and black. haha what else could be better! 
We just had a baptism for David Abel and he is a goof! He always looks so stoned, but he is the funniest kid you will ever meet! Man, the light in his eyes freaking brought me to tears as I look him in the eye and got to tell him that he will receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost and that he will remain a constant companion as long as he stays worthy of that. As I asked him if he would take that challenge to always stay worthy of it he got the biggest grin and said YES I WILL. Man that made my day.
Thank you for your support I hope all is well. And here is some advice to better your life. Read your scriptures. AND Pray about them. I promise you that it will help you out immensely.
Mormon 9: 37
Alma 32:21 
Alma 26:12
Mosiah 4:9 
Here are just a few of my favorites.

 Anyways I gotta go I love yo all! Have a great week! Until next week!
O and the picture of the elders on the phone is them trying last second to find a pianist for the baptism. don't wait last minute to fine the pianist!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Matua!

Last minute calls for a pianist
Saturday's baptism in YSA ward, David.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...