As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

WEEK 42- I keep getting emails about how hot it is where everyone's at???

I am dying in this heat. And now Monsoon season is upon us...... This is the time where it'll be 120 degrees, and the it dumps rain for 10 minutes and the humidity goes form 0 to 100 real quick. We just walk around dripping our shirts become see through, and you stink like a wet dog.. I would kill for a 98 degree West Jordan afternoon. Haha but I cannot complain because me and my companion have been blessed for being out in that weather. 1. We saw 2 miracles with in one night with 2 Part Member families. 2. I found a new love for Preach my Gospel. 3. Sunday Miracle. & 4. The 4th of July.

1.) So we have 2 part member families and they are awesome. We had a less with each of them on Friday. The first lesson went very well. We answered the questions they had about the church, and then as we were ending. We extended the invitation to retake the lessons, and they said YES!!!! What a miracle. And the same happened with the second family we went to see. The mom is Arabian, and funny story. Before I came to this area I found an Arabic Book of Mormon, and I don't know why I kept it? Well now I know. She didn't know the church printed books in Arabic. And that made her very happy, and as we were leaving we again invited them to retake the lessons and they said YES!!!

2. Okay every little free time I have I find myself always studying Preach my Gospel. I love it, and I have found that my teaching has been a lot better as I have bee doing this. And I am understanding the scriptures a lot better as well. I have been just flying through it and I've been soaking it up and loving every second of it! I would encourage those who are planning on serving a mission or are serving a mission, and even those old farts (no offense) that have served to read and study Preach my Gospel. You never know when or where you are going to be asked what us "Mormons" are all about. And I promise you as you teach and testify to them that the Spirit will be there to help bring the truth of your message unto their hearts, and hopefully that seed that was planted with grow into a strong testimony that will build up their conversion to this beautiful Gospel.

3. This is short we went 50% on investigators coming to church usually it's only like 1%, but we had a family of investigators come to church!! It felt so good to have them there and answer their questions right then and there where the Holy Ghost is guaranteed to be felt. I couldn't help but to smile and be grateful for that miracle the Lord bless me with.

4. The 4th of July. It was a blast!! So, we, as a zone got together at a church building to play some sports! Well one sport.... SCATTERBALL. It's free-for-all dodge ball. I wreck at it.. Not really.. I don't think there is a game where I don't get hit where it counts.... But it's always fun to take an hour and so and get all you frustrations out by wailing on your fellow servants of the Lord with dodge balls. It brings a smile to my face each and every time! We then had to go home at 9:00 and we watchd the fireworks from inside the house... Lame I know, but we has fun.

Well that's about it for the week! Until next time my friends! I miss you all! I hope all is well. I pray for you every day! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...