As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Monday, July 10, 2017

WEEK 41-HOT HOT HOT

Alright my friends and family! Boy do I have an email for you! Life in AZ is looking up. 1.) I only have 3 weeks left in this transfer, and the past 3 weeks have been fairly good! 2.) I met a 93 year old women, and she is the sweetest darn thing you'd ever meet! 3.) I love riding my bike... Not. 😂 4.) I have learned something very valuable.

1&4.) So the past 3 weeks have been hard. Trying to find people to teach, keeping investigators around, just some discouraging things, but I have learned something very important that every mission... everybody should know. There are people out there that just aren't ready, but at least you attempted to plant the seed. I've been told this a lot leading up to my mission and while I have been out, but I guess I just pushed it aside, and forgot about it. Missionary work is hard, but so rewarding when you do all that you can. So we have had 2 investigators move away, and 1 that is almost about to move, and nobody is really interested, but we just keep treking. We have fasted and we have prayed. I'm not sure why this is happening. All my mission I have seen miracles and amazing things happen. But that's where the thing I learned comes into play no matter how hard the adversary tries to tear me down I'm not going to give up. If you could pray for the SanTan Heights Brenner Pass area will be blessed to see miracles that would be beautiful.

2.) OH MY GOODNESS. Becky Lund, 93 years of age. She is such a sweetheart. We went to go and see her yesterday, and she just had the biggest smile on her face. She said we made her day, no one besides he daughter comes to see her. That hurt my heart... Sister Lund is a freaking missionary, let me tell ya. She hands out Books of Mormon like candy, and she can't even walk on her own! That was a slap in the face, and a wake up call to me. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel. And she shares it with everyone that comes into the nursing home. I love her. And she is in pretty good health besides her not being able to walk. We shared a scripture with her and she recited it as we read it!? I can't remember the scripture, but it wasn't a scripture mastery or anything well known. I was blown away. Sister Lund id my hero!

3.) Here's the tip of a life time. If you ever come down to AZ, and want to ride a bike around town. Save yourself some money, and times. It's as if someone was sitting on your handles bars facing you, and they had a blow dryer turned on hot right in your face. Eyes burning, face on fire, eyeballs boiling. It's the worst.

Anyways I didn't have a whole lot of stuff for this week. I hope all is well at home! Until next week! I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...