As we emulate His perfect example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our heart His heart. - President Uchtdorf

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

GREETINGS FROM THE LAND OF THE LONG WHITE CLOUD!!!!

Monday- Started off with a Bang!! We were able to meet with a new investigator, Ata and her family. Super keen to learn more about the Gospel. Her husband actually passed away about two months ago...really sad. But it brought up a lot questions she had about eternal life and she came to us to find out more about our view on the topic. So we taught her about the plan of salvation and told her that she'd be able to see her husband again. She was sobbing. She asked why was he taken away from me? Then we said..if you want to know you need to pray and be specific about what you want to know. We all knelt down and Ata gave the most heart-felt prayer then we concluded the visit.

Tuesday- We had a follow-up meeting with Ata. She ran out of the house to meet with us and she told us about her experience last night. (Ata's experience) "I went to bed at about one and around four I had a dream, I saw a man who I didn't know...I walked up to him and I touched him..it was my husband, he told me...why are you so worried? I'm still here. Don't worry."  She went on the say I awoke and said thank you to Heavenly Father for the sign that it is true! We invited her to baptism...but she said she needed to think about it. Soo so so so cool!!! The Spirit was so strong! We hope to get her on the path to baptism.

Wednesday- No one wanted to even acknowledge us...no one answered their door...nothing was working for us..the whole day. I felt so inadequate and went home that night and called President Lekias. I called the Zone Leaders and asked them for guidance because I was feeling pretty down. They told me to pray for an answer and I felt better.

Thursday- We Had Zone Meeting and following the meeting I received some mail from Dad and Grandma !!! I cried,  Dad telling me to watch what I eat. Grandma sending her LOVE like always. It was so good to hear from them, it was what I needed at that time.

Friday- We had another really hard day with no success...we were exhausted by dinner time and we felt like giving up...we did what we could and once again..nothing was happening so the whole night we rode around looking for people to talk with...no one...that was the day. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

Saturday- I still felt terrible this morning..then I remembered what Elder Jorgensen said to me....DON'T BE STRESS BE HAPPY. So I did as he said and my attitude changed for the whole day. We attempted to invite someone to baptism....he said no but we didn't get mad....we worked through it and we found a Samoan man with no religion and he invited us to come to his home tomorrow and teach him about our church! Really cool how that works!

Sunday- I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting in Samoan...I'll have to send the copy of the talk so you all can see what I spoke about...I felt like a natural and only stumbled over one word, yes a very long word and hard to pronounce...I think I did pretty good:) I asked how it sounded and the ward said it was like you've known the language all along! High note of the week! We also went out with our Ward Mission Leader and he took us to a bunch of people we didn't even know about that we can teach!! Our Ward Mission Leader is the Best!!! Love Him.

Well that's my week and yes was it packed with Highs and Lows...and a whole lot to look forward to!  Love you all and I hope all of you have a great week LOVE YOU ALLL!!!
~ Maunia le Aso~

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 13, 2019 Today we dropped off our baby and 3rd missionary to the Provo MTC. It has been a day of mixed emotions.  We ...